Tuesday, November 14, 2006

 

Under the Weather


I've been very sick for three days. I have a sore throat, a fever, and a bad cough. In English, when I am sick, I can say, "I am under the weather." I have been VERY under the weather lately. I hope I'm better by this Friday's class.

Important! I already posted this, but to remind my first period class: the test for this Friday is cancelled. The same material will be on the final exam in December.

Important Part 2! Please don't forget that your assignment (homework) was to write two entries by Friday's class, and to write two comments on other blogs.

Important Part 3!: I recommend that when people leave comments on your blog, you answer them. I've noticed MANY comments (some by me, some by classmates, some by "outsiders") that ask you questions, but almost no one answers the questions. This is not a requirement for class, but answering comments is a good chance to practice communicating in English. もったいない!

I also want to say that your blog entries are fantastic, and that some of you are really working to use your blogs to communicate. For example, Mami visited Hiromi's blog in Tokyo to leave a message for her.

John

P.S. The picture above is NOT me! It does look a little like my dad, though. I got this picture from a public domain photo site (where you can find photographs to legally put on your blog).

Comments:
You've been sick? That's too bad...I really hope that you'll soon get better! I also have to be careful not to get cold because the weather recently has been up and down...

Also, thanks for mentioning my blog! I'm so glad you did it because it's really fun to talk to your class's students even though it's online! And I agree with your idea that leaving comments on blogs is a good chance. I enjoyed doing it because not only I can enjoy talking to other bloggers but also it enables me to practice English in a fun way!
 
Hi Metamon,

Thanks for the good wishes. I actually love cold weather, and it makes me healthier!

Mamii,
Sorry to hear you've been sick too, and I'm glad to hear you're now feeling better. Thanks for all your good work on the blogs!

Nabe,
Did you choose "nabe" for your name because you like eating Nabe? It's always nice to see you!

Dagudorio,
Thanks for the great medical advice! I usually prefer to avoid the influenze vaccine, because I think it makes my body weak against the flu; however, you are probably right. Thanks for your concern.

Hiromi,
Thanks also for your concern and advice, and for your strong role-modeling and support of my students. You obviously have developed some great habits for studying English (the results of which show in your excellent writing skills).

John
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?