Thursday, December 14, 2006

 

A Herniated Week

It's been a crazy week...it seems like everything became twice as busy and twice as difficult.

We have an expression in English: "When it rains, it pours." This means "When there's a little bit of trouble, there is a lot of trouble" or "when one bad thing happens, many other bad things also happen."

Teaching always becomes more frantic as New Year's holiday approaches; there are final exams to prepare, and lots of papers to grade, especially in my writing classes. Additionally, I got injured twice in the past week and a half. A visit to a doctor showed that I have a herniated disk in my spine, and a small fracture in my knee. The pain was bad enough to prevent me from standing or walking all weekend. Now, fortunately, I am becoming better. I can walk again! Walking is important!

I haven't thoroughly read every blog this week (but I will!). However, I wanted to point out a very good entry by Yamame on December 12, at ti-mutonosama. He read an interesting book about Japanese rich and poor people, and he wants to hear your opinions.

See you soon!

John

Comments:
Very good!

blog "SÓ VERDADES" Portugal
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?